KEEPING YOU SAFE
Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and team. Having consulted all senior managers and our teams, we have decided that from Monday 19th July, after the Government easing of restrictions, we will continue to operate under the current Covid regulations.
- For guests, masks will be welcomed but are no longer compulsory.
- The restaurant team will be wearing face masks at all times.
- We are increasing our cleaning duties which includes sanitising all contact points at regular intervals, as well as our usual good practices we follow every day. Our washrooms will be sanitised and cleaned regularly.
- Where possible we will try to keep all doors open to allow for good air circulation.
- We will be adhering to social distancing and kindly ask that you also follow these measures.
- We have installed hand sanitising stations around the restaurant and at your table, which we would like you to use on entrance and throughout your visit.
- We have single-use menus which will be disposed of after every use. You are more than welcome to take your menu home with you as a souvenir!
- All members of our team have been provided with a new uniform, which can be washed daily at 60 degrees. Part of this uniform is a personal hand sanitiser.
- We encourage you to make payment by card. We will be sanitising our card machines between every use.
- We kindly ask that if you wish to smoke, you do so in the allocated smoking area in our garden.
- We politely ask that if you are showing any symptoms of illness such as high temperature or cough, please refrain from attending your booking and let us know either by phone or email.
- We will continue to display the official NHS QR code poster at our reception desk so guests can “check-in” on arrival. An alternative option is available for guests unable to use app.
- Our staff are checked daily for visible signs of Covid 19.
Our cloakroom area has been deep cleaned. We suggest jackets and personal belongings are kept in your vehicles. If this is not possible, we will hang them on the designated coat hooks for each table. A member of our team will be there if assistance is required.
Guests will be greeted at the front door by a member of staff and led to a table in the restaurant, bar area or terrace for an aperitif.
Our table plan has been adjusted slightly to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Some of the practices within the restaurant will be changing as follows;
- Crockery will be cleared by a specified member of staff with minimal contact.
- Your cutlery will be laid at your table before your arrival, reducing the amount of contact between waiters and our guests.
- We will be opening wine at our dedicated wine station and you will be offered to taste. It is then optional to whether you would prefer your wine to be served or for you to serve yourself. This will be the same for water. This will help reduce contact between staff and guests.
- Please respect one another’s personal space, refrain from shaking hands and where possible do not arrange to meet in large groups.
- Our washrooms have been converted to single occupancy, please adhere to the signage.
To keep you safe, there are only hand towels in our washrooms. We have decided to take the hand dryers out of use due to the advice that hand dryers increase the spread of the virus by blowing it in different directions when drying.
We will be operating a one-way system for entrance and exit to the building. Please follow the signage throughout the building. (Entrance is through the main door and exit through our side door leading onto the street) In the event of an emergency please leave by the nearest exit.
BEHIND THE SCENES
There are new practices going on behind the scenes which may not be immediately obvious. These are ways in which we are able to maintain customer and team safety, but which do not directly affect our service and include;
- Our deliveries will be made through a specified entrance
- Staff will be washing their hands for at least 20 seconds at regular intervals
- All of the staff have undertaken the COVID-19 training courses & risk assessment to familiarize themselves with good practice under the “new normal”
- Staff will be wearing PPE where required, face shield’s & single-use gloves will be available
- We are adjusting our staffing numbers and shift patterns so staff are not arriving
en-masse and can maintain social distancing
- Our Chefs and Front of House team will be working back-to-back or side-to-side where possible, minimising face-to-face contact.
May we also take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support over recent months. We cannot wait to welcome you back to The Cross soon.